Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Best Way to Have Words

My new next-door neighbor plays his music loudly and the bass pounds right through the wall.  My boyfriend suggested I write him a note, but I told him that was a terrible, passive-aggressive, and slightly creepy idea, and that it would be more effective to just go talk to the guy.  So I did, and it was quiet for 3 days before the banging began again.

The next time I talked to my neighbor about the noise, it was quiet for two weeks.  Now it's started again.  I don't know if it's his bad memory, or that he's convinced he's playing his music quietly, or that he just really wants to drive me crazy, but if it's the last one, it's working.

So I'm starting to reconsider the note idea, but I think it's probably too late to go with my boyfriend's original suggestion:
Dear neighbor:
Your music is too loud.
From: an anonymous neighbor in your building (but I won't tell you who)
I don't know, I just think he'd figure out who wrote it.  Although, if his memory really is that bad, maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment